Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blogs on others wiki page

1) I learned so much from Hunters wiki page. I like how he explained what global warming was and how it is happening. I found it very interesting that new energy sources are being made to prevent global warming. I also did not know that the temperature hasn’t been increasing at a universal rate; rather that it is different for each continent. It was great how he incorporated how to prevent global warming into his presentation. I did not know that simple things like not using hot water would help prevent global warming. I also liked how he showed the other side of the thought about how the earth goes through warming and cooling periods.
2) Skips wiki page looked awesome. I really liked the way his presentation looked. It had a relevant background and on top of that he incorporated voice which made it 10 times better. I learned that censorship was actually a problem in many other countries and is much worse in some cases. This makes me realize how lucky we are to live in the US. From his presentation I learned that censorship takes away the populations ability to share and discuss ideas and information, which is critical for making well educated opinions. This shows how censorship takes away so much from a population and is a problem today.
3) Evans wiki page had many links on it and had a lot of information on it. I really enjoyed that animoto. It had cool music to go with it and good pictures which made it flow well. I did not know all the reasons for going to Iraq before watching this. I also did not know that more than 150,000 Iraqi’s had been killed and nearly 5 thousands US soldiers had died. I also did not realize that once you broke down the cost it would work out to be $12 billion a month! I really enjoyed the fun facts at the end. Breaking down the deaths on holidays puts the war into a different perspective on the war.

No comments: